The Buzzard's Nest

Somewhat random thoughts, opinions and experiences

Saturday, May 29, 2004

The India Chronicles (Day 44)

Dogs are incredible animals. Riley has gone throught the suitcase packing routine too often and you can just tell that he knows I am leaving again. While packing he just looks at you all sad and it really is quite pathetic. As I type this he is sitting next to me with his head on my lap with the "don't leave me" look. I feel really bad; he had 2 weeks in a kennel in March, 3 weeks in a kennel / airplane in April and now two weeks alone here. Baby got angry with me for even THINKING about leaving him in a kennel and demanded for her to watch him. So at least he will be in familiar surroundings and can sleep on his, er, I mean, my bed. He will have much more room to move around than if I had put him in that dreadful kennel. He doesn't know it now, but he'll thank me later.....I hope.

Hopefully he gets to play with Baby's Dalmatian, Aku, and can spend some time with them at their place.

Anyway, so it is now 12:13 PM in 5/30/04 and Manu will be here in about 30 minutes. The itinerary from hell thus begins.
9W404 - COK-BOM - 1535D, 1720A
sit in the Mumbai airport for 8.5 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DL119 - BOM-CDG - 0155D, 0835A
sit in the Paris Airport for 1.5 hours
DL8608 - CDG-CVG - 1015D, 1320A
sit in the Cincinnati airport for 1.5 hours
DL5582 - CVG-MDT 1450D, 1616A.

Due to the warping of space-time during prolongued high altitude, high speed flight, I experience 6:00 AM on 5/31/04 TWICE, on different airplanes! I'll leave it to the peanut gallery to explain that one.

Now we need to decide whether or not we make the 7.5 hour drive to Michigan on the 4th for my Sister's wedding shower......we'll see how I feel.

So we're packed up and ready to go. We'll pick this up again upon my return....I hope....

1 Comments:

Blogger Kraz Arkin said...

hey scott,

dunno why but ur second name realy sounded familiar. of course there can be no way that would happen coz i dont know any americans. maybe it was some character in a long forgotten book. went through your diary of this trip of yours here in Cochin. isnt it surprising how incredibly interested one can be in the mundane activities of daily life as long as they are not our own. that was by no means a depreciating comment. i too have posted my experiences of travelling in Kerala (albeit by bus). maybe you would like to dekko. anyways keep it coming. hope the rain really shows you her fury before you leave.

June 2, 2004 at 12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home