The Buzzard's Nest

Somewhat random thoughts, opinions and experiences

Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Begin Fueling the Aircraft - Departure Imminent

It seems that barring a miracle, I am going home. Wait a sec, I don't have a home there anymore....home is here.

You would have thought this would have been taken care and I advised of this fact prior to my departure in the first place....and yes! I did specifically ask.

Get the jets fueled up and prepare Harrisburg for my arrival.....

========================

I have been following up with to get the visa of Mr. Scott converted into an employment visa. When contacted yesterday, he told that he will be able to tell the position only on next week, as the concerned person in the home ministry is on leave now.

Last week I directly contacted the home ministry officials who are dealing with the foreigners visa, over the phone, to find out the status of our application. They said that the home ministry will not entertain the conversion of business visa into employment visa. This has to be done at the Indian embassy at the foreign site.

In order to re-check the above statement I deputed of our Delhi office to go directly to the home ministry office and find the actual position. He enquired the above matter with the concerned department and his finding are also almost similar to the one which I got from the home ministry.

I also checked with the owner of Omega Travels, cochin ( as suggested by )to know more about this. He said that usually conversion of business/ tourist visa into employment visa will be done outside the home country.( People who are going gulf countries with visiting visa for finding employment, once they get employment they will come out of the said country for converting their visa into employment visa)

I have conveyed this fact to Mr. Scott last week itself and also told that if by any chance the visa conversion is denied by the authorities, he may have to go back to his home country and get the employment visa from there. He already having his return ticket with him.

In India, everything has some exception. If we can influence at the higher level, I still feel that conversion of business visa into employment visa is permitted. Hence I am still following up with .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home