The Buzzard's Nest

Somewhat random thoughts, opinions and experiences

Thursday, March 10, 2005

The India Chronicles (84 Days to Visa Expiration)

Coming to you live from India having more fun than mere mortals should be allowed to have!

That was a tribute to R Limbaugh just to try getting under the skin of a certain, wacky Belgian in Versailles!
I could tell from some of you that the verbal description of this leg wound truly wasn't having the proper effect so I decided to help you out! Today I go to the hospital for a little wound dressing and as the nurse (this one speaks NO English) gets the old bandage off, I whip out the digital camera! I humbly submit the following pictures for your viewing pleasure!

The first was with the flash and while it destroys my finger as a true gauge of scale, it does probe nicely into the wound's interior. The second is with the flash off and shows the size of the wound a little better. The nurses thought I was crazy. Well....DUH!

The Belgian translator dude who was at the French family's house when I went to show them my prized Ansel Adams impersonation, after having the whole ordeal described by Anne, said "ah - you had a spider bite. I had the same thing...twice....on my back. Take the outside leaf of a head of cabbage. Boil it, fold it over, rub it on a stone and then lay over the wound. Worked great!". I have a big frickin' hole in the side of my leg!! I am NOT sticking a piece of boiled cabbage over it, especially when I paid $1.10 to have it bandaged up all sterile! I think it looked better today but what do I know? I'm no doctor. I see the doctor again tomorrow when they change the bandage again. Anyone know the warning signs of gangrene? :-)

This thing has 15 days to close enough to be capable of tolerating salty sea water! Unfortunately for me I have a WET suit which means it's getting wet and it needs to close!

Nothing else new to report...oh yeah. Word in my group is that people are pissed at only getting 10-15% raises!!!!!! Ok so they are not pissed at the %, just pissed at the actual incremental increase in Rupees. Seems when you apply 10-15% of a "relatively" small number you get a small number still and it seems more than half the group is upset. I have NO idea how I will handle that one as the logic simply baffles me......

Woohoo 15%!!!!!
Damn!

I just don't get it.....especially since this is standard (or for some, above standard) in the area with all other companies. I guess they just want their piece of the French pie. Perhaps they are trying to lean on the poor ignorant American to get their share of the Euro. Maybe I can trade then dollars; them things ain't worth CRAP! We'll see how this all shakes out. I am still playing catch-up from the last 2.5 days prior to my France trip, the France trip and the 2.5 days lying on my back watching a gaping hole in the side of my leg drain.
Till next time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home